Environmental remediation isn’t just a service we provide, it’s a cause close to our hearts. Keeping Montana and our surrounding communities safe and clean is of the utmost importance. Just as important is taking care of you, our customer, in a time when you may feel extra stress due to a hazardous spill.
Hanser’s emergency spill response team is trained to contain multiple types of spills, but we specialize in petroleum-based releases from transportation accidents. Whatever your need, Hanser’s is insured to perform containment, recovery, and remediation of hazardous material releases.
Our team maintains current Hazardous Waste Operator and Emergency Responder (HAZWOPER) training, have commercial drivers licenses (CDLs) with all endorsement on double, triple, and hazardous material transport. That’s a lot of fancy words to say our team is trained and up to date on everything you need for your remediation needs.
LET US WALK THROUGH THIS STRESSFUL SITUATION WITH YOU AND GIVE YOU PEACE OF MIND.
Our team consists of a geologist, an environmental engineer, and a hydrogeologist to provide comprehensive project management—in laymen’s terms, they exist to make sure the job gets done right and that you don’t have a headache. They’ll oversee Hanser’s response, remediation, proper waste disposal, and reporting to regulatory agencies for site closures.
You’ll receive reports containing site activity logs, picture links, waste disposal information, laboratory data, and documents obtained from regulatory agencies verifying the release or contaminate was removed and site closure was authorized. Remember, when you’re with us, you’re going to be treated like family, and we want to make sure our family feels secure and cared for during situations like these.Call 800-345-1754
REMEDIATION SERVICES AND EQUIPMENT
We have a comprehensive list of material breakdown, personnel, and equipment, and we’ll list them all! But first, know that these units have onboard compressors/generators and pneumatic transfer pumps, portable tanks that can hold up to 600 gallons of product, and up to 3,740 gallons of additional storage (wow—now that’s a lot!).
You can trust Hanser’s for all of your environmental remediation needs.
Now to those lists we promised!
- Accident Cleanup
- Oil & Diesel Fuel Cleanup
- Cargo Recovery and Load Transfers
- Air Cushion Recovery
- Soil and Groundwater Sampling, Excavation and Remediation
- Pipeline Response
- Railroad Response
- Project Reporting form initial spill to final closure
REMEDIATION MATERIALS & PERSONNEL
- 15 HAZWOPER-certified operators
- 8 Certified confined space operators
- 24 DOT traffic control management operators
- Professional Engineer in Charge (PE and PG)
- Self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA)
- Two intrinsically safe fresh air ventilators Two-way radios and head monitors
- Portable high-pressure washers with and without heat
- Trash pumps that are able to pass up to 1.5″ solids with several thousand feet of discharge hose
- Sump skimmer pumps up to 1.5 horsepower
- Several pneumatic diaphragm pumps with hose and compressors to transfer oil and oil water mixtures (one specifically for acid transfer)
- Handheld power brooms for picking up oil-absorbent material on pavement/cement Pavement/cement power broom attachment used for case loader, picking up and dumping material into dump truck Solar-powered oil skimmer for recovering product out of groundwater well /culvert
- Emergency lighting, portable generators, and welders with hundreds of feet of extension cords LEL/02/H2S/CO meter
- Sewer manhole covers and sealers
- 2,000 feet of 6″ PVC and 1,000 feet of 2″ PVC pipe for water diversion/transfer 8” PVC pipe/fittings for creating underflow dams Fifty 55-gallon
- 15 DOT-approved 250-gallon chemical totes available for petroleum/chemical transfer
- Four dams for diverting or stopping the flow of irrigation ditches
- 1,000 feet of 8″ absorbent boom
- 1,000 bags of oil-absorbing volcanic ash
- Pallets of peat-based absorbent material & pallet of pot ash for neutralizing acid spills
- Several pallets of oil-specific and chemical absorbing pads, socks and pillows Alexis Peristaltic Pump (for chemical, petroleum, and oil based spills)
- 500 oil absorbent pads and 300 chemical absorbent pads
- 15 Heavy-duty wreckers (35-45 ton)
- 1 Rotator (40 ton)
- Eight 5th wheels
- 10 Car carriers
- 20 Medium-duty wreckers
- Eight service trucks
- Three 15-20 yard dump trucks
- Two 27-yard/ three axle side dumps
- Two 12-yard vac trucks
- Four Case loaders (1/2 yard-3 yard)
- One 100-series track hoe with thumb
- One 2001 Volvo EC140 with thumb
- One CAT 326CL track hoe with thumb
- Two 3,000-lb. forklifts One 10,000-lb. forklift
- One 15,000-lb. forklift
- Sweeper broom attachment for the loaders
- Hydraulic pump attachment for pumping off product
- Three emergency response trailers (one of which is set up for water recovery) that carry enough booms, containment pads, and supplies to contain spills
- Air cushion recovery system capable of lifting 100,000 lbs.
- Response trailers equipped with traffic control devices and programmable arrow board to direct two miles of traffic
- Five reefer trailers for load transfers
- One 53-ft. RGN with winch set up for towing motor homes, buses, and equipment
- One 53-ft. hydraulic slide axle with winch for handling disabled trucks, trailers, etc.
- Four small equipment trailers for hauling vehicles or supplies that may be needed at the recovery site
- One 35-ton pintle-hitch equipment trailer
- One 25-ton equipment trailer Light plant
- Six ERS units with portable arrow boards for use with traffic control and towing trailers as necessary
- All ERS units are set up with ball hitches and fifth wheel hitches for towing out our fully-stocked
- Spill Response or Traffic Control trailers Misc. equipment to handle spill response and recoveries as needed. Besides the 46 wreckers, there are over 100 pieces of support equipment – including trailers.